- The Wait
- Arrive at Prometric testing center.
- The proctor mark off your name on a list of test takers and assign you a locker to put your stuff in.
- Wait in the lounge with all the other test takers.
- One by one, test takers are called by name.
- When you are called, they will check your ID, take your picture and finger print, then lead you into the computer lab, which is where you get to take your exam with all the other test takers. You'll be given two pencils and a "booklet" of scratch paper. You will have to sign in/sign out every time you enter or leave this room.
- The MCAT (source: AAMC)
- Tutorial (10 min), Accepting user agreement (10 min).
- Chemistry and Physics (59 questions, 95 min) *
- Verbal (53 questions, 90 min)**
- Biology and Biochemistry (59 questions, 95 min) *
- Psychology (59 questions, 95 min)
- Option to void exam (5 min) *
- Survey (12 questions, 10 min)
- * 10 min break. ** 30 min break. If you go over, it's alright, the test will still wait for you. Do NOT look over any notes during the break. If a proctor sees you looking over notes, you'll be reported.
- The Exit
- You will sign out one last time.
- You will be given one more opportunity to decide whether you want to void the exam or not.
- They make you sign a paperwork.
- Get your stuff out of your locker, return the keys, and leave.
For a humorous depiction of what it's really
like during test day, read the MCAT Guide
on how to perform well on test day.